WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM A SHANNON MATSON SENIOR PORTRAIT SESSION?
1. Beautiful lighting. I light every image I create, both in studio and on location. It’s important to illuminate the eyes, as they are the window into our soul. When eyes are lit well, we see their beauty, color and sparkle.
2. Real Skies! Many photographers create fake skies and backgrounds in Photoshop. ALL of the skies and backgrounds I photograph are REAL!
3. Gorgeous skin tones. Most photographers simply don’t know how to get great skin color. I do. I use professional cameras and lenses, with each image carefully calibrated for precise, accurate color. You will never look washed out or too dark, either, with perfect exposures.
4. Great Retouching. Every image is skillfully retouched, removing tiny imperfections, without ever overdoing it. Your skin will look natural, never plastic. Say goodbye to those last minute skin breakouts!
5. Guy and Girl specific Style Guides. Each senior gets a multi-page guide that gives you helpful tips on clothing and styling, to make sure you look great for your senior session.
6. Unique Locations. I have scouted and carefully selected almost a dozen unique locations to choose from for your senior portrait session. Each location has a variety of looks, so you have a large number of different backgrounds to feature in your senior photos.
7. Backgrounds and settings that match. Simple color harmony. If the outfit doesn’t match the background, it creates visual tension that distracts from your beauty. I will give you a clothing consultation on the day of the photo shoot to help pick the right background for your clothes both in studio and on location!
8. Flattering body positioning. I coach my subjects into angles and positions that are flattering to their shape. My techniques follow classic art rules. Different body shapes get directed whichever way is best for them.
9. In Person Ordering Appointment. I have over eight years of expertise in helping hundreds of families select the best images and the perfect products to suit their family. This is done in person, with images shown on a large 7 foot projection screen. I will help you make easy decisions in a short amount of time, so that you never have to agonize for hours at home.
10. Archival Quality Products. From basic prints to my custom senior albums and gallery wrap wall collections, all of my printed products are made from the highest, archival quality materials. If cared for properly, my products will last 40 years or more, and can be passed down as family heirlooms.